12 Steps to a GNU Life v0.1
1. We admitted we were powerless over Propreitary Software – that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the GNU as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to the GNU, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have the GNU remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all users we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such users wherever possible, except when to do so would enslave them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through code and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the GNU as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to users and to practice these principles in all our affairs.