Projeto Fedora Brazil has built a Free Software tool that helps users have Freedom of Choice.
easyLife allows new and even experienced users to install and configure software on Fedora, just by clicking. It’s simple and clean. Among others, these are some of easyLife features:
* Sets “sudo” command up for your regular user;
* Configures RPMFusion repository for extra and non-free software;
* Installs Flash Player plugin;
* Installs all kinds of multimedia Codecs (h264,divx,xvid,mp3 etc);
* Installs additional fonts;
* Installs nvidia drivers;
* Installs Skype;
* Installs Sun Java and Sun Java Plugin for Firefox;
* Integrates Sun Java with system-switch-java;
* Installs Google apps (Picasa, Desktop);
* And many others…
As a firm believer in Free Software I must say this tool is an aid to violating software freedom, but as a human being I have to say this should make getting the things that Fedora can’t ship due to legal issues easy to get.
And thus it now has a place in my sidebar, I hope sourceforge doesn’t get made that I swiped their button 🙂