12 Steps to a GNU Life v0.1
1. We admitted we were powerless over Propreitary Software – that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the GNU as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to the GNU, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have the GNU remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all users we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such users wherever possible, except when to do so would enslave them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through code and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the GNU as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to users and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Tonight I set up a fairly nice dinner for my girlfriend, it was a kinda spur-of-the-moment type of thing. So I figured that I would give everyone the benefit of what I learned.
Step 1: Clean up
Not take a shower you wanker, she really doesn’t care if you a days grime on you. (note any more than one day does require a bath) but clean up the immediate area around where you will eat. Anyone that knows me in meatspace knows that my place is a constant wreak. One good thing about a messy house is a clean spot looks like an oasis.
Step 2: Candles
Candles will make that clean spot more of an oasis. Just turn off all the lights and she’ll just gravitate to it
Step 3: Food
Food is the least of your issues. Any food will do, my last romantic evening (the one being discussed here) was honey buffalo wings and steak fries. Not a big deal.
Step 4: Wine
Vino is not necessary but hell get her drunk. Even bad wine will do. I had my first just off the shelf buy a bottle, take it home, and hope is doesn’t taste like ass. Well that didn’t go so well you can read my review of the wine at cork’d (friend me up!)
Step 5: Music
Music is another easy one, just join last.fm. With that you don’t have to own shite for music. Here is what I did. I went to last.fm and just played any music tagged “jazz”, you can choose music by artist, genre, or just what it was tagged (so web 2.0!). And it worked there was even this Nora Jones track that we both dugg. (BTW friend me up here also)